Sr Supply Planner - It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company : we're a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world's most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated 8+ billion in sales in 2016 : securing the 1 market position in North America and the 2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people : people like you : and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you're looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, you've come to the right place.
Provide for the production of forecasts to support the needs of replenishment planners. Monitor forecast accuracy and make adjustments as required to result in the lowest possible forecast error. Plan replenishment requirements in accordance with branch needs and Company policy. Plan and place regular purchase orders, interbranch orders and packaging job orders. Arrange transportation and schedules deliveries and production. Follow up and serve as branch contact.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edit:history : Adjust demand history as required using tools in the forecasting system to correct mistakes, account for promotions, or to normalize unrepresentative history.
- Modelfit : Create realistic models for each SKU based on history. As converted, identify and resolve exceptions using tools provided in the forecasting software.
- Forecast override : using forecasting software and external direction from the marketing or sales departments, override the forecast to account for market, price, product, regulatory or competitive changes. Monitor results.
- Forecasting : Review forecast for reasonableness, review demand filter trips and tracking signals and make adjustments as required to minimize forecast error.
- Add SKU's : Provide for production of forecasts for new products or products with minimal demand history.
- Provide management reports and statistical information as required.
- Utilize UVX and Inventory Replenishment System to analyze sales patterns and trends of inventoried merchandise, maintain stock requirements, and combine requirements to minimize acquisition and logistics costs. Ensure orders comply with applicable DOT regulations and compatibility considerations.
- Assist in validating and implementing branch requirements for special purchase items and new product acquisition.
- Assist in maintaining distribution networks and item source tables.
- Review, modify, and approve system suggested interbranch transfer orders and the weekly packaging job orders schedule. Schedule production with the tank farm.
- Maintain close contact with assigned branch office; advise and inform branches of delivery information, order status, and availability. Advise branches of possible problems in meeting customer requirements due to late deliveries. Expedite orders to meet customer requirements.
- Consult and work with Transportation Department and branch operations regarding the routing of inbound merchandise and freight rates. Maintain contact with selected transportation companies. Monitor rates and performance.
- Build and maintain good relationships with supplier CSR's, Dispatchers, etc.
- Plan and place purchase orders with vendors, confirm pricing, request documentation. Analyze supplier performance in meeting requirements and specifications of purchase orders.
- Serve as primary branch contact for assigned branches for all products. Develop close working relationship with Branch Administrative Manager or ISR.
- Resolve PO variances, consulting with Accounts Payable and